Thursday, February 6, 2014

Nerdy Thank You Card

I was cleaning out my desk when I came across this old card.

I sketched out the letters first before inking. I hate it when I run out of room on a card for lettering.

This one was made over two years ago. After I got accepted into my current job, I made a whole batch of thank you cards for everyone who had helped me put together my application or be my references. Can you tell that I am in the field of genetics? ; )

The 'thank you's are made up of chromosomes. (The bands are not accurate but I was not thinking about that at the time) The design was very simple since I only used a sharpie and white Mayfair but I think its effective. I like the almost graphic look to them. 

I made 16 identical cards while watching some TVB crime drama (I do not remember which one…).  Now that is productivity. *grin*

Dimensions: 15.5 x 11.8 cm
Materials: white Mayfair paper
Tools: ruler, utility knife, sharpie
Time to Make: Cannot remember


I plan on make more genetically-themed cards but unfortunately, I do not have any good ideas currently. Any suggestions? If you come across any greeting card-type pictures or quotes related to genetics, please send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment