Thursday, May 8, 2014

Black and White Elegance


The colour palette for wedding cards is pretty standard – black and white. Some people may think it looks stark but I love the simple elegance of it. I cannot take full credit for this design, nice as it is, because a quick look on Pinterest will show dozens of very similar looking cards. My original contribution to the design is the veil. All the other cards I saw had the bride’s heart embossed with some sort of design to suggest a textured dress. I, however, do not have embossing tools so I chose two bits of lace instead to jazz up the bride’s heart.

I am getting faster at this – it only took me about 1 hour to make.  This card was for a church friend who had just gotten married this past Saturday. Congratulations to him and his bride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment