Saturday, February 22, 2014

Autumn Stripes Scarf



Okay, so right now we're a couple months too late for autumn but the colour of the yarn reminds me of a crisp, autumn morning, with red, gold and brown leaves and clear blue skies.

This pom pom scarf was my break between work and more complicated craft projects. It took approximately two skeins of Loops and Threads Pom Pom yarn. The skeins were found in the clearance section of Michaels with the wrappers missing, so it took some google searches and experimenting to figure out how to knit with the pom poms and the width of scarf that would create a nice stripe pattern. It's really just a simple garter stitch scarf, and once I got the hang of knitting just the carrier thread between the pom poms the project went very quickly. 


The pom poms are sooo soft and really cozy! If I had more skeins, I could see this making a really great blanket or pillow.



No comments:

Post a Comment