Saturday, January 14, 2017

French Toast


Saturday mornings are now my favorite time of the week. Most of the time, I sleep in or spend it lounging around but every once in a while, I end up actually doing something productive. This morning, I decided to whip up a fancier breakfast than usual with my cousins Henrika and Brianna. So behold our French Toast creations!

Ingredients:
Bread (from the freezer - really, our main impetus to make French toast was to find a way to finish it off)
Eggs
1% Milk
Vanilla flavouring
Ground Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Butter


We gathered together the ingredients based on a few different recipes that we found online.

In terms of proportions, we just added as much as we felt like of each item. We ended up using 6 eggs for 7 slices of bread.

Frying them up on a little butter.

Drizzle a little maple syrup on and we have a deliciously warm, sweet breakfast!
As for the first picture...yes, that is a scoop of ice cream (MarbleSlab Cheesecake Ice Cream!). I found the flavour of the ice cream overpowered my French toast though. I think I'll save it for when I try to make crepes!

No comments:

Post a Comment