Saturday, January 19, 2019

Wedding Card Round Up of 2018


Weddings seem to come in waves. Some years, I do not get invited to a single one while in others, they seem to occur every month! 

One thing my craft-loving self enjoys about weddings is the opportunity to play with different card designs. Yes, the occasion is the same but every couple is unique and I try to make the cards that I give reflect that. Unfortunately, I did not have the forethought to take pictures of every card I made last year but here is at least a selection:


I was going for a pearl and gold theme. The stamps did not turn out as clean as I had hoped so I tried to go over the lines with coloured pencil. 


I really liked the idea of his and her bows but I made a bit of a miscalculation on the sizes. I made the black groom's bow too small relative to the silver bride's bow. I guess it could reflect the fact her dress is likely going to take up more space than his suit? 

Okay, confession to make: this was a blatant copy of an adorable design that I saw in an Asian novelty store in New York. The accompanying caption was "Siu happy that you found your dumpling"! Just loved the cheesy pun!


This was an eleventh hour inspiration when I discovered that I did not have my scissors available. It is more bright and colourful compared to my other cards but I thought the personality fit the bride. :) 

This year, I seem to be back in the wedding lull but I guess that will just give me a little more time to find new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment