Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beaded Buddies


When I was in high school, my aunt in Hong Kong sent over a bunch of glass beads and two books on how to bead animals. I have beaded so many creatures since then using a variety of different beads. My favorite to use so far is the 6mm acrylic bead because it is cheap and the large size makes for great displays. The major downside to this hobby though is that it can be fairly pricey. Projects need certain sizes, shapes and colours. I also prefer if all the beads are made of the same material (mixing up glass and acrylic is quite obvious and does not look that nice). One of these days, I am going to get myself some fancy crystal beads and make a really sparkly (and expensive!) animal.




Dimensions: 6 x 4 x 4 cm
Materials: 6mm blue acrylic beads, 6mm round black acrylic beads, 0.55mm clear fishing line, black fishing line, blue seed beads
Tools:  Just my hands!
Time to Make: 2 hours

The simplicity of this design makes it my favorite to make. I can whip one together in about 1.5 hours now. It was the first design that I attempted. It is pretty much just a ball with some fins and a tail but it is so cute. I think this particular one is the third seal that I have made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment