Thursday, December 26, 2013

Monkey Business

I like to add a personal touch to my gifts even if I am buying them and not making them. I got one of my aunts a pair of warm, soft lady slippers for her precious tootsies this Christmas and I clipped this little fellow onto the gift tag. His pattern is part of a Chinese zodiac collection although I modified his design a little from the pattern in the book. Originally, he was supposed to have a face on both sides but that just looked weird to me. His little red nose is adorable and I am thinking that I might want to make a set of three with three different coloured noses. We’ll see.

I modified his ears from the pattern by using larger beads than what was listed in the book. I feel big ears are cuter!

This is what the back of a head should look like - being double-faced is a bit odd.

Dimensions: 5 x 2.5 x 1 cm (not including key chain)

Materials: 4mm light brown, champagne, black & red glass bicone beads, clear fishing line, key chain,

Time to Make: 1.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment