Thursday, March 13, 2014

Album of Scraps

Last week, I had a crafting session over at a friend’s house. She is a serious album and card maker and has a dizzying variety of cardstock, paperstock, envelopes, stamp sets, ribbons, washi tape, stickers and crafting tools. She even has a dedicated craft room! (I was so jealous.) I was fascinated by just the pieces left over in her scrap box and rummaged through it all afternoon. By the end of our session, I ended up making a notebook cover (which I will feature another day – I still need to sew in the pages) as well as this cute little album. These are all discarded papers from my friend’s scrap box, trimmed to size and glued together. The washi tape finishes everything off just perfectly. 

I was waffling about whether or not to add a strip of washi tape on the spine. Perendie said to go for it and she was right.


There was no coordination of colours - I just cut and glued whatever was in the  box in a random order. 

It's a small thing, measuring only 6.5 x 9.5 cm. Good for stickers, wallet sized photos and short notes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment