Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree...


I don't give out a lot of Christmas cards during Christmas. The main reason is that I want to hand-make all my cards but I always spend way too long on each card. This card I made for a family friend. It's been years since I last made a pop-up card and recently, while wandering through the library, I came across this book:


The designs are pretty basic but versatile and it made me want to try my hand and making pop-up cards again. I remember why I loved these so much as a kid. 

I got my inspiration for the front from - where else? - Pinterest, of course. It was a clean, simple layout which worked.  


Tonight is Christmas eve. I like to think of the shepherds out in the field tending their flocks, probably a little bored, completely unaware of what's awaiting them a few hours ahead. A child is being born and he is going to change the world...


No comments:

Post a Comment