Thursday, December 25, 2014

'Tis the season to be yarning...


Fa la la la la la la la la ...

Merry Christmas, everyone! Christ is born - it's time to celebrate!

This year, my sister and I wanted to give our crafting friends gifts. Ambitiously, we thought to knit them each a face cloth and bundle it with some facial cleanser to make a gift set.


We made a few versions of the same type of set.

You all know that my sister knits so for her, it wouldn't be a problem. However, what you may not know is that the last time I picked up knitting needles was 15 years ago. Yep. And I never even finished the sole of the booty that I was working on.

What I have discovered is that it is easier learning how to knit properly as an adult than as an impatient preteen. My first face cloth was a mass of uneven knits, reversed patterns and dropped stitches. My second face cloth was an improvement in spades. Check it out:

This neat pattern is called Nai Nai's Favorite and can be found here.



Practise does make perfect. After churning out a handful of these, I have now got this pattern memorized and am not only making better stitches but am faster overall. 


Both Allison and I want to wish everyone a happy holiday. May you have a wonderful time with friends and family but do not forget to thank the Lord for giving us the greatest gift of all - his one and only son, Jesus. Today, we celebrate Christ's birth - Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment