Sunday, March 8, 2015

DNA Fingerless Mitts



These were made for my sister, who loves both fingerless mitts and genetics. They were a challenge because it was the first time I had knit with such extensive modifications of patterns. 

The DNA helix came from ChemKnits DNA Helix Kindle Cover. I loved how the chart had mirrored double helices, which ended up working really well for the left and right mitts.

I wanted the arms to be more fitted so the shaping is loosely based on the CanCans Fingerless Mitts by Erica Lomax.

Overall I think they turned out fairly well. The yarn is a cotton-silk blend, so really soft. It's not all that hard-wearing though, as unfortunately after a few months, these are already looking rather worn. At least we managed to take these pictures while they were still in their prime. 







[Linky parties this post has joined: Friday Finds Link Party!]

No comments:

Post a Comment