Thursday, May 2, 2013

Card Making


Card making is in.

When I go to the library, I love checking out the newest issue of Papercrafts (http://www.papercraftsmag.com/index.html). These cards are worlds away from the 8.5’x11’-printer-paper-folded-into-four cards that we used to make in elementary school. These are professional looking die-cut-stamped-glittered-quality-cardstock cards. They put Hallmark to shame. 

Over the past year, I have amassed a healthy collection of cardstock (I am completely in love with linen texture!) and was given a variety of different embellishments (ie. Stickers, patterned paper, die cuts, etc.) for a graduation gift. I have also recently bought myself a letter stamping set and a box of ink. So really, I have everything to start my own card making empire. Unfortunately, I have just not made the time to sit down and make anything yet.

Well, that’s not entirely true. I did do an afternoon of card making with a friend a few months back (now she has a truly impressive collection of card making supplies) and these are the results.

Blue Thank you card:

Front
Inside
Back

Pink Thank you card:

Front

Inside

Back

I was experimenting with stamping and coloured pencils. A little rough but I think it’s a good start. Personally, I like my pink card better than the blue one - its brighter. It will be interesting to compare these early efforts with my later ones. Soon, I too will put Hallmark to shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment