Saturday, January 24, 2015

Post Christmas Deals and Finds

I love the unexpected find. I was shopping at Mexx two weekends ago, 6 days before they closed, when my sister came across these among the furniture and fixtures they were selling:


I was so excited!

"What are those?" you ask. Well, let me back up.  Last year, I bought a Detolf cabinet for displaying my crafts (creating a real showcase to match my online one). As much as I like it, it has several problems, one of which is that there is too much space between shelves resulting in wasted space when it comes to arranging my small creations. Because the majority of the cabinet is glass, I wanted to find clear sub shelves to maximize that space. I had never seen any in stores so to be honest, I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for. 

Until 2 weeks ago.




These were perfect! And they were only $0.50 each! So I bought 6 (of course) :)

While I'm on the topic of shopping finds, I might as well share the rest of my post Christmas horde. The best time to shop for Christmas decorations is after Christmas as stores are trying to clear their shelves for Valentine's day stuff (and occasionally, Chinese New Year stuff depending on the store). Things can be priced incredibly cheap. Over the past two years, I have found some really great deals and neat stuff on the Christmas clearance shelves. 




Ribbon can normally be pretty pricey so I was delightfully surprised to find these rolls being sold off for $0.25 each at Giant Tiger. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do with all this plaid but I'll think of something.

Lastly, I might as well confess that while I don't normally go for Boxing Day sales, this year, I ended up going to Michaels because I couldn't pass up the price of their paper pads (only $5.00). As you can see, that's not the only thing I got while I was there.


Michaels is a dangerous place...

My unexpected find at Michaels that day were Christmas snaps for making Christmas crackers. That's on my 'to try' list for next year. Now I just need to figure out what to put in them...

Normally, I'm not big on shopping but clearly, that does not apply to craft supplies ;). 

No comments:

Post a Comment