Thursday, January 16, 2014

Beaded Seal Take Two

Recognize this little guy? He should look familiar. You can see his brother here. This one was made of glass beads from my forays in China. Much sparkly-er, and a little heavier than my acrylic one. 

He is my favorite design.

Although really, he is just a ball with fins and a tail. (As I have said in one of my early posts)

I just find his simplicity so cute.

I am sure there is some deep life lesson buried in that thought but we will leave it buried for now.

After making a few things with my glass beads, I have found that I really like the weight of them. The projects just feel more substantial and they look amazing in sunlight. I know what I’m getting the next time I head to China. : )

Dimensions: 4.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 cm
Materials: 4mm bicone white glass beads, 6mm round black glass beads, clear fishing line, black fishing line, clear seed beads
Tools:  scissors, ruler, hands!
Time to Make: 2.5 hours

I would like to buy myself a glass cabinet from IKEA so that I can display all my crafts. With just the right lighting, they would look incredible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment